Saturday, July 10, 2010

G-FEST IN CHICAGO TODAY

G-Fest was a blast today. My son Christian who is now 8 years old, was a maniac. It's funny how he's not really a Godzilla fan, but his Ultraman and Kamen Rider knowledge would destroy you. Of course we hit the dealers room first. Christian stocked up on some Ultra Monsters he was looking for and some Pokemon Kids candy toys. Myself I got my laser disc of Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster signed by Akira Takarada and picked up some Kamen Rider and Ultra stuff as well. My friend Ken Gage assisted Oriental Cinema's Damon Foster in a hilarious panel covering oddities of tokusatsu films ripped off by other asian countries. It was a nice low key con topped off with a huge Giordano's Italian Beef for lunch.

4 comments:

  1. What a cool pic of Christian and those two other handsome fellows.
    Glad you guys had a blast!
    r/e

    ReplyDelete
  2. coolest photo... for the weekend!
    it looks to been an awesome time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's silly to be envious of an 8-year old boy, but...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so jealous, my kid would have loved that as would I have.

    ReplyDelete